AFT+ Member Benefits
With access to a wealth of opportunities and resources, the AFT has something for you.
As an AFT member, and through involvement in your local union, you have an advantage. You have the power to bargain; the power to negotiate; and the power to change things, win improvements, and achieve goals that matter to you and the people you serve.
Your advantage also comes with the purchasing power of 1.5 million AFT members. Together, we can access a wide array of high-quality programs and services. Here is a sampling of AFT+ member benefits.
- AFT+ Endorsed Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance: Provides protection for members' most valuable assets -- their cars and homes. Benefits include special member discounts, convenient payment options, and a deductible savings benefit for safe drivers. (Deductible savings benefit is not available in all states.)
- Term Life: Designed to provide financial protection for your loves ones in the event of a premature death. New AFT members are entitled to $10,000 of coverage for one year at no cost.
- Disability Income: Provides up to 60% of a member's monthly income if he or she is unable to work due to an accient or extended sickness.
- Universal Life: If actively at work, a member can obtain up to $150,000 of protection with no medical tests or health questions.
- Limited Medical Plan: A fixed payment policy offering a combination of limited medical benefits and a fully insured prescription plan for generic drugs.
- Vision Plan: An affordable solution to vision care for members and their families. The plan includes in-network savings at more than 30,000 locations.
- Long-Term Care: Maintains a member's financial freedom and gives flexibility in making choices in the event of a long-term illness or a chronic condition.
- Pet Insurance: Your pet can have its own insurance. Policies include older pets, accident-only coverage, and more.
- Health Club Discounts: Save on new health club memberships at more than 10,000 health clubs nationwide.
- Dental and Health Discounts: Members and their families can receive discounts from a network of participating providers. A dental-only plan is just $99 a year. A dental, vision, and prescription plan provides significant savings on all of these items for $119.99 a year. This is not insurance.
- Life Line Screening: Member savings on noninvasive screenings for stroke, vascular disease, and other diseases at community-based facilities.
- Legal and Financial Services
- Legal Services: Members are in touch with a nationwide network of more than 2,000 law offices that offer free 30-minute consultations and discounted services.
- Credit and Budget Counseling: Certified credit counselors are available 24 hours a day to help members with confidential financial guidance, free consumer credit counseling services, and discounted debt management assistance.
- Credit Card: The AFT MasterCard offers no annual fee, low-rate balance transfers, and 100% fraud protection. (The interest rate a member receives is based on the member's credit history.)
- Save My Home Hotline: A dedicated Save My Home Hotline staffed by HUD-trained counselors is available free to all members to discuss mortgage issues.
- Mortgage: Home buying and refinancing are made easier and more affordable with competitive mortgage rates and special union-member protections.
- Travel and Entertainment
- Entertainment Discounts: Members can save on movie tickets, movie rentals, theme park admissions, and much more.
- Car Rental: AFT+ car rental programs with Alamo, Avis, Budget, and National will meet members' travel needs and stretch their vacation dollars.
- Auto Club: The AFT+ Auto Club will be there to help members with vehicle-related problems, anywhere in the country, 24/7/365.
- Hotel Discounts: Save up to 20% off the best available unrestricted rate at more than 6,400 participating hotels worldwide.
- Endless Vacation Rentals: Members receive 25% off vacation rentals at more than 200,000 accommodations in over 100 countries.
- Extra Holidays by Wyndham: Members receive 20% off the "best available rate" for one-, two-, and three-bedroom deluxe suites at more than 70 resorts throughout the United States and the Virgin Islands.
- Go Ahead Tours: Escorted, discounted tour packages for adults include walking tours, food and wine tours, land and sea tours, photography tours, and more.
- AT&T Wireless Discount: Members can receive a discount of 15% on AT&T wireless plans.
- ConsumerReports.org: Member discounts for online Consumer Reports subscriptions.
- Dell Computers: Savings on selected Dell products.
- AFT Advantage: Exclusive access to an online shopping program. Save 10% to 70% on electronics, apparel, home furnishings, tickets, and much more.
- Teleflora Flowers: Save 20% on all orders, and have flowers, gifts, and plants hand-delivered anywhere in the world.
- Powell's Books: Powell's online bookstore has a huge selection of new and used books, including e-books.
- Educational Supplies: Great discounts on classroom supplies for AFT members. Free shipping.
- Magazines: AFT Subscription Services provides members with the lowest rates and the best customer service on magazine subscriptions, renewals, and gifts.
- Mary Kay Cosmetics: Members save 20% on Mary Kay cosmetics and products. Free shipping and gift wrapping.
- Moving Van Discounts: Discounts on interstate moves and do-it-yourself moves.
- Scholarships: AFT Robert G. Porter Scholars Program. This program offers four 4-year $8,000 post-secondary scholarships to students who are dependents of AFT members, as well as 10 one-time $1,000 grants to AFT members to assist with their continuing education.
- Loan Forgiveness: The AFT does not sponsor our own loan forgiveness program, but our AFT Teachers division has compiled a list of resources for federal and state loan forgiveness programs, as well as scholarship programs for students pursuing careers in teaching.
Get more from membership. Protect your family. Protect your income. Protect your health.
For additional information and details, visit www.aft.org/benefits.
AAA offers discounts for AFT-Wisconsin members - learn more here:
American Income Life Insurance Company
AFT-Wisconsin, in cooperation with American Income Life Insurance Company, is pleased to announce that we are providing additional benefits to all members and retirees. These benefits include:
- $3,000 Group Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit at NO COST!
- Health Services Discount Card which provides discounts of 10-60% on vision care, chiropractic care, prescriptions and hearing aids, at NO COST for your entire household!
- Child Safe Kits – this valuable tool can provide information to the authorities if your child or grandchild should ever go missing!
Please check your mail for the letter regarding these new benefits!
Once you return the response card, an AIL representative will set up a convenient time to deliver your benefits and explain additional insurance coverage available on a voluntary basis.
American Income Life is an international company licensed in 49 states, the District of Columbia, Canada and New Zealand and is a large provider of supplemental benefits in North America. AIL has earned an A+ (Superior) Financial Strength rating from A.M. Best Company. (as of 6/09)
For more information on your benefits, please contact Amanda Mlinaz at 813.380.8480 or by email at email@example.com.
To view the letter on-line, visit http://www.ailife.com/benefits/sgntq.
Life Line Screening
At Life Line Screening, our mission is to make people aware of unrecognized health problems and encourage them to seek follow-up care with their personal physician. We are the leading provider of community-based preventive health screenings in the United States. We use advanced ultrasound equipment, the same as the equipment found in hospitals, and our screenings are performed by highly trained healthcare professionals. Results are reviewed by board-certified physicians to ensure the highest standards.
Since our inception in 1993, we have screened over 7 million people, and currently screen over 1 million people each year at over 16,000 screening events nationwide. Through this experience, we often identify serious health issues and have helped save thousands of lives. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality preventive screenings at affordable rates.
Wisconsin Vision is Wisconsin's only union shop optical provider, serving the union community for over 35 years with 22 centers throughout the state. We offer discounts on all optical products and services to all union members.